Thursday, September 12, 2013

Writing/Literature Grades 3/4

In this class we will be discussing the literature assigned each week, and using the handbook (Write on Track) to use and improve the students' writing skills. We will share about what the girls have written in their journals. Additional work will be assigned from the SkillsBook according to each girl's needs which will benefit her individually.

I have previously distributed the booklist and the assignment to accomplish before our first class. I will be emailing each of the moms with these handouts as an attachment which you can disregard if you still have yours.

It was made known to me that there are two editions of the handbook (Write on Track). I have already been working with the 1996 edition. I am sorry for the confusion this will cause if you have the newer version. Esther has both versions and compared them and says: "The two editions seem to vary mostly in layout, resulting in slight difference of page numbering -- they're mostly just a few pages off -- but occasionally they've taken a sub-section and completely relocated it." I do apologize for this. If you have trouble doing the homework for the first class, just do the best you can and the girls and I will inspect the books together on Monday. Each week when I give out the assignments I will make sure the girls all have the correct page numbers.

I am looking forward to meeting you and your daughters. May God bless you all!

In Him,
Jenny Zaloum

No comments:

Post a Comment