Wednesday, September 11, 2013

History Grades K-2


I am looking forward to teaching Ancient History to your girls this school year.  As I was looking through the curriculum I noticed that there is a lot you can do with the material.  I plan to do a combination of map work, narration/illustration, craft and game activities.  I found the narration and illustration book combo in Canada, therefore, you do not need to purchase them (hope you haven't already).  Since we will be doing several craft projects in class I will need a $15 supply fee for the full year. 
 
The 2013-2014 syllabus is complete and therefore, I will hand it to the kids on the first day of co-op.  The syllabus seems like a lot, but I may take away what is needed as we go along or if lacking time in the classroom.  
 
Yes, there will be homework due on the first day.  Intro. and Chapter 1 pgs.1-13 have to be read and Student Pages 1,2 have to be completed.  In class, we will do our first narration and map work.  The children will need crayons, pencils and their 1.5 in. binder.
 
I hope and pray that the class will be a fun and interactive learning experience for the girls.
 
Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment